People usually have a lot of questions when they are looking to rent a home. As such, we will be answering a few of the common questions related to Montreal real estate rental services.
Common Questions People Have When Renting a Home
What is involved in the referencing process?
Few of the tasks carried out during referencing process consist of:
- Verification of reference from your current landlord and employer.
- Credit check
- Examination of identification documents you provide.
- If it becomes necessary to have a guarantor then a reference check will be carried out for such guarantor.
What is an inventory document?
Prior to your move-in, your new landlord will create this inventory document that will have all the details related to the property’s condition. This document will also list the things which the landlord left behind at the property.
When it is time to vacate the property, the inventory document will be examined to ensure that everything is in proper condition.
What are some of the important responsibilities of a tenant?
It is expected that tenants will:
- Pay rent on time.
- Carry out house and garden maintenance.
- Clean all the windows.
- Dispose rubbish on regular basis.
- Undertake basic maintenance chores such as changing light bulbs.
- Inform the property owner about repair and maintenance work that are necessary to carry out.
- Ensure that the house remains fully secured.
- Do not make so much noise that it becomes an annoyance for neighbors.
- Keep the house well ventilated.
What you can expect as a tenant?
As a tenant you should be able to:
- Live in the house without any disturbances.
- Get the house in good repair so that it is livable.
- Be informed 24 hours in advance if the property owner wants to visit the house.
- Get the house in good condition with all the facilities such as gas connection, electricity and water supply working properly.